Learn About Afterpay
What is Afterpay?
Afterpay is an online payment system that allows retailers to offer installment plans to their customers at checkout.
How do the installments work? USA only
Installments by Afterpay allows the customers to pay for their purchases in four easy installments, which is interest-free and due every two weeks.
- Simply shop and pick out your favorite items and choose Installments by Afterpay as your payment method at checkout. First-time shoppers provide payment details as usual, returning shoppers simply log in to make their purchase. It’s that easy!
- After you check out, the goods will be shipped to you ASAP.
- At any time, you can log in to your Afterpay account to see your payment schedule and make a payment before the due date. Otherwise they will automatically take the money from your debit or credit card on your payment due dates scheduled every two weeks.
I want to shop - where do I sign up?
You don't need to register prior to making your first Afterpay purchase. When you are making a purchase, simply choose Afterpay as your payment method at checkout. If it’s your first time using Afterpay, you will provide payment details as usual to complete your purchase.
Once your first order is approved, your Afterpay account is created. All you need to do is visit www.afterpay.com to set up a password, and you will be able to make more purchases using Afterpay by simply entering your log in details upon checkout.
Are there requirements to use Afterpay?
To be eligible to use the Installment feature, you must:
1. be an individual who is at least 18 years old (19 years old in Alabama or if you are a ward of the state in Nebraska);
2. be a resident of the United States and reside within one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia;
3. be capable of entering into a legally binding contract;
4. have a valid and verifiable email address and mobile telephone number;
5. provide a valid delivery address in the United States; and
6. be authorized to use the Payment Method provided.
I'm not receiving the SMS verification code when signing up?
If you are having issues receiving our SMS verification code, please try the following:
1. Refresh the connection in between the handset and carrier by restarting your handset, and removing and reinserting your SIM card.
2. If you are still unable to receive the message, you will need to contact your carrier as your may have shortcode blocking enabled.
3. If you are still not receiving the SMS verification code, you will need to contact Message Media (our SMS provider) to notify them that you would like to be removed from the “Opt-out” list and provide your:
- Phone number
- Statement confirm that you would like be be removed from the global opt out list
Feel free to give them a call at: 1 866 751 8337 or shoot them an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Once confirmed, please try the verification process again to finish your account set up.
When will my first payment be taken?
You will more than likely pay the first installment of the purchase price at the time you place the order. If you have been shopping with Afterpay for some time, and have a really good repayment history, you may find that they can defer taking the first payment until 2 weeks after you make your purchase. In all cases you will be notified on screen if the first payment is due at the time of the purchase. Afterpay will also send you a confirmation email outlining the amounts and dates that the payments are due.
Why is the first payment higher than the other three?
For some purchases, if your total order amount exceeds your Afterpay-approved spending limit the first payment may be higher than subsequent payments. Afterpay will show you how the installments are split before you pay.
Is there a cost for using Installments by Afterpay?
Installments by Afterpay is a free service offered by retailers to shoppers - there are no upfront fees charged or any interest incurred. The only fees that may be incurred by shoppers are late fees if your scheduled payments are unsuccessfully processed and, after being notified, you do not log in to your Afterpay account to make your payment via a different method. Late fees for shoppers in the USA are capped at 25% of the order value.
Is Afterpay safe and secure?
We understand how important security is so we ensure that your personal information is protected. Afterpay is a PCI DSS Level 1 certified compliant Service Provider organisation. PCI DSS is a comprehensive set of requirements created by the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council to enhance cardholder data security and to ensure the safe handling and storage of sensitive credit card information and data.This is the highest level of security in the payment industry.
How can I get in contact with Afterpay if I have any questions?
Afterpay is open Monday through Saturday from 7:00 a.m -7:00 p.m at (855) 289-6014.